A year in India

Not actually a year but 11 months. An account of my stay in India. Many of my friends and colleagues suggested that I keep them up to date - now I can see how many of them are really interested!!!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

first visitor

My firend J came in September but she was in Delhi for only a few days and we didn't get to spend much time together, so I'm counting my brother (arriving tomorrow) as my first (and possibly only!) visitor. A recent email from him
___________________________________________________________________
Hel,

Like I was saying yesterday I'm booked, see the itenary below. Must get a phonecall in over the next few days to get a gameplan together. Looking forward to the trip and rejoining the lonely plannet brigade, possibly for the last time, allthough I have a few concerns-namely no idea what to do in India, (i'll be relying on the lonely plannet and your good self, the former seems much more enthusiastic about India), also the Embassy is processing my visa and won't say when they'll have it back. They'd better have it back to me before departure.................the people in there as we both already know are monumentally arrogent and unhelpful, customer service course badly needed methinks.

___________________________________________________________________

we finally got a gameplan together - and we are off to Nepal. he will get to experience about 2 days in delhi beforehand which is probably enough to get a feel for India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home