A year in India

Not actually a year but 11 months. An account of my stay in India. Many of my friends and colleagues suggested that I keep them up to date - now I can see how many of them are really interested!!!

Monday, August 21, 2006

I never thought I would appreciate Chicago weather in August!!!

It’s a short post today as it’s 01.46 in India and the golden rule to survive jet lag I to adjust your sleep schedule to the local time zone as quickly as possible. I arrived back Sunday night. The flight was 2 hours delayed (on the ground in O’Hare) so in total I was the plane for 16 hours. Thank God I was in business class. I finally got back to my apartment at 23.30. No rest for the wicked as I jetted off to Bangalore at 7.10 this morning. The return flight from Bangalore was supposed to get in at 23.30 but finally landed at 00.50. Suffice to say I am quite exhausted. This week looks unlikely to bring me rest as tomorrow I’m off to near Chandigarh where we have a factory. We ‘re traveling by train, executive class so perhaps it will be far superior to the usual journey. I doubt it but you never know.

Chicago was fab. At times it hardly felt like work even though I was quite productive. I met up with loads of friends. Normally I hate Chicago weather in August but this year it seemed fine – I think it was not as warm as usual and I’ve become hardened by my India experience. Thanks to all my friends who entertained me and sorry I didn’t get to meet everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home