A year in India

Not actually a year but 11 months. An account of my stay in India. Many of my friends and colleagues suggested that I keep them up to date - now I can see how many of them are really interested!!!

Monday, July 24, 2006

My apartment

My parents have recently purchased a new computer. I somewhat bullied them into it as there was no way I could work from home with dial-up and changing to broadband seemed to mean getting a new computer. To be fair, the old computer was from 1995 so it wasn’t before time. My mother is now a pretty regular blog reader but she keeps asking – "why have you no pictures of your apartment?" So now, to satisfy Mum are some pictures of where I live. Here is the view from my bedroom







Here is the very scary looking washing machine set-up. Yes, that is an electric cable attached to a hanging extension socket under a shower. I know it doesn't look safe so I spend as little time as possible when the washing machine is on










Here is my living room – very big with not that much furniture










Here is the complex water purification device which allegedly makes water safe to drink. I still boil it afterwards. I still boil it afterwards.










India seems unable to standardize on plug configuration – note the multiple options available. Of course I rarely have the right ratio of devices to corresponding sockets
and finally here is my bedroom – unusually tidy!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger J. Heuer said...

Hi Helen, try AutoStitch to get panoramic shots with a simply camera... I am using it frequently

JH

25 July, 2006 22:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at helenindia.blogspot.com.

Can I use part of the information from your post right above if I provide a backlink back to your site?

Thanks,
Peter

24 February, 2011 22:09  
Blogger Helenholiday said...

Hi Peter, Yes, please feel free to use part of the information from this posting. thanks, Helen

25 February, 2011 09:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I am certainly glad to discover this. cool job!

13 April, 2011 11:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home