A year in India

Not actually a year but 11 months. An account of my stay in India. Many of my friends and colleagues suggested that I keep them up to date - now I can see how many of them are really interested!!!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

weekend in Europe

Last weekend I escaped to Brussels to visit my sister. Of course India was never far from my mind as I was still sick. Speaking of which I'm not yet recvered but definitely on the mend (Thank God). Tomorrow I am off on a team building event - tents, no electricity, no mobile phone signals - my friend joked that the team building event is to make people realize that working 12 hours days together is better than having to go on a team event. He may have a point.

I haven't time to write much but Europe was great - I even liked the cold weather and the rain!!! It was lovely to see my sister and her family. We chatted, ate out in restaurants, I drank water from the tap, walked down streets on my own - excitment all around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delighted to hear you had a good weeekend in Brussels and that you are on the mend health wise. Here's hoping that is the last tummy bug for a while. I hope you got to stock up on European goodies!! My turn this weekend coming when I head to London then Cork. Be sure to let us know when you are back on the internet at home and back on Skype. Bye for now!

18 April, 2006 18:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog from a few links from other blogs... I could not recreate the path again if I had to.

I have to say, I admire you for trying India! I work in the States with a few men from India and they have all discouraged any thought of visiting, never mind an extended "living" stay!

Best of luck to you. I will check back often to see how it's going, so keep posting!

20 April, 2006 10:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home